On 2nd October 2012, Emily Bagarukayo-Ngabirano successfully defended her PhD thesis entitled, Ã¢‚¬Å“A Learning by Construction Approach for Higher Order Cognitive Skills Improvement,Ã¢‚¬ at Radboud University Nijmegen-Netherlands. Publications arising from the research have been appeared in the International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT) and the Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research among others.
EmilyÃ¢‚¬„¢s PhD studies were sponsored by the Nuffic project-Strengthening ICT Training and Research Capacity in the Four Public Universities in Uganda.
- Bagarukayo, E., Weide, Th. P. van der., Mbarika, V. W., and Kim, M. S. (2012b). The Impact of Learning Driven Constructs on the Perceived Higher Order Cognitive Skills Improvement: Multimedia vs. Text. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT), 2012, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp. 120-130, ISSN: 1814-0556. http://ijedict.dec.uwi.edu/viewarticle.php?id=1433
- Bagarukayo, E., and Weide, Th. P. van der. (2012a). Interaction with a Digital Learning Environment of a University. 4th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU2012), 16 - 18th April, Porto, Portugal, pp 259-264, ISBN: 978-989-8565-06-8.
- Bagarukayo, E., Weide, Th. P. van der., and Mbarika,V. (2011b). Impact of Video Recorded Lectures on Learning at Radboud University, Netherlands. Proceedings of SIG GlobDev Fourth Annual Workshop, Shanghai, China December 3, 2011, ISBN 978-0-9826068-2-7
- Bagarukayo, E., Weide, Th. P. van der., and Lubega, J.T. (2011a). An Evaluation Strategy for the Moodle Learning Environment Based on BloomÃ¢‚¬„¢s Taxonomy.3rd International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU2011), 6 - 9th May, Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands, pp 422-426, ISBN: 978-989-8425-49-2.
- Mbarika, V., Bagarukayo, E., Hingorani, V., Stokes, S., Kourouma, M., and Sankar, C. (2010). A Multi- Experimental Study on the Use of Multimedia Instructional Materials to Teach Technical Subjects. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research. Special Edition Winter 2010: pp 24-37, Vol 9, No 3.
- Bagarukayo, E., and Mbarika, V. (2008). Impact of Multimedia Instructional Materials on the Attainment of Higher Order Cognitive Skills: A Literature Review. SIGWEB- iiWAS, ACM, New York, NY, pp 642-646, ISBN: 978-1-60558-349-5.
- Bagarukayo, E., Lubega, J., and Mbarika, V. (2007). Enhancing the Attainment of Higher Order Cognitive Skills through Multi-media E-learning. Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on e-Learning, Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark, pp 693-700, ISBN: 978-1-905305-57.